Pet Medical boarding is your pet’s home away from home. With a BRAND NEW boarding facility now in use, your pets will be treated to a luxurious stay and receive plenty of TLC from our experienced veterinary staff.
With our feline friends we are trialing a new space with custom made cat enclosures that open up into each other. The cats really seem to love the large spacious enclosures and are very relaxed and stress free. We have modified the area to align with the gold standard of cat accreditation, and look to further improve the facilities in the near future. Staff are specially trained to monitor for signs of stress and how to remedy these. We now also have new cat scratch posts and play gyms so your cat has more quality one on one time.
Our canine friends are now located in a specially designed sound proofed and air-conditioned building, with a fresh air vent open at all times. We have 9 large runs and 2 extra-large runs which can be opened to allow for doggie family members to “live” together while boarding. Your pet will be let out 4 times a day and receive lots of human attention in the form of regular walks, paddling pool swims and play time.
Your pet will be fed high quality dry food, or any special food or treats that you specify. We also cater for older pets or patients on medication.
Boarding Pampering Packages
We have two packages you can choose from:
1. BETTER package (about $25 per night) – includes the choice of a bone, a river walk OR a bath
2. BEST package (about $35 per night) – includes all 3 extras
Costs do vary with cage size and dogs sharing accommodation so please call us if you would like a specific quote.
If you would like to view the facilities we ask that this be done by appointment between 11 and 12, or 2 and 3pm.
The doggy boarders will bark at “strangers” so please do not be alarmed if your visit is noisy!
You can keep in touch with your pet’s activities through our Instagram page. Just follow petmedical_boarders to see your pet in action.
The boarding facility is located at our Pet Medical premises in Muswellbrook.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BOARDERS
It is very important that animals do not spread disease or contaminate the boarding environment with flea and worm eggs. To this end, we will need the following information from you at check-in:
- All boarders must have had their vaccinations, including kennel cough vaccination, within the last 12 months. Proof of vaccination will be required if it was not done at Pet Medical.
- Please provide date and brand of last worm tablet. If you wish your pet can be dewormed whilst with us.
- Please provide date and brand of last flea preventative. If you wish your pet can receive flea preventive while with us.
- If your pet is on medication, please bring this with you and make sure you have enough to last the duration of their stay.
Pet Medical provide an amazing selection of both cuddly and chewy toys for both cats and dogs so we advise that you leave bedding and toys at home. Please label all your pets belongings with a laundry marker.
Our opening hours are 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. Drop off and collection must be within these times unless special arrangement are made directly with our staff.